The Chapter Graduate Advisor (CGA) serves as an advisor for a fraternity or sorority chapter. The CGA assists in providing direction and support to chapter leadership and general membership, in cooperation with the chapter advisor and/or advisory board. The Chapter Graduate Advisor provides advising related to achieving community and chapter-specific goals, specifically regarding scholarship, leadership, service and philanthropy, risk management and accountability, policy interpretation, chapter operations, membership development, community building, and membership recruitment/intake. In addition, the CGA participates in some communitywide program and education in the fraternity and sorority community including but not limited to Fraternity & Sorority Fest, Homecoming, and the Fraternity & Sorority Leadership Institute.
Areas of focus are dependent on the needs of the specific fraternity and sorority chapter. However, potential areas of advisor involvement include:
- Providing a positive developmental experience for chapter members, as well as serving as a positive change agent for chapter and in the larger fraternity and sorority community.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of programs that respond to specific needs of the chapter.
- Developing and maintaining good interpersonal relationships with chapter leadership.
- Assisting chapter president and executive board officers in setting goals and objectives.
- Building connections between chapter leadership, chapter advisors, the inter/national organization, and the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Promoting compliance with and accountability to federal, state and local laws, as well as policies and expectations of Colorado State University, the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, the chapter’s respective governing council, and the chapter’s inter/national organization.
- Developing developmental educational and programming interventions to address issues, goals, or concerns within the chapter.