Community Service & Philanthropy Resources
The fraternity and sorority community is committed to helping chapters identify root causes of social and systemic issues. To support chapters in their effort of being change agents within the community, The Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life has compiled a list of resources relevant to service and philanthropy for chapter use.
Community service and philanthropy are important components of the fraternity and sorority experience. Community service includes the giving of our time and abilities to provide individuals or organizations with hands-on support. Philanthropy involves the raising of resources to assist with the mission of a charitable organization.
Connections to CLIMB:
- Engaging in community service and philanthropy efforts allows chapters and individual members the opportunity to serve as change agents, addressing community needs, advocating for important causes, and working to effectively transform the world for good.
- Efforts around community service and philanthropy often allow organizations to support causes that promote inclusivity and social justice by working toward equity and addressing systems of injustice through advocacy, support, and service.
For more information about any of the resources below, contact Natalie Padron in the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life, or by email at email@example.com.
- Fraternity & Sorority Joint Policy on Philanthropy and Fundraising
- Philanthropy & Fundraising Registration Form
- Philanthropy & Fundraising Post Event Form
- Service Debrief Guide
- Service Hours Tracker
- Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life Collection Box Form
- Elevation Service Requirements
- The chapter participated in at least one university/council-sponsored community service project each semester (e.g. CSUnity, Fall Clean Up, Spring Fling, Cans Around the Oval, etc.).
- Elevation Philanthropy Requirements
- Additionally chapters are required to donate money or gifts in kind in some way.