New Member Education Resources
Effective new member education provides a foundation of education about the organization’s purpose, values, and current realities and allows members to make meaning of their role in the organization. To assist in that effort, helpful resources from the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life and from CSU regarding new member education are provided below
The selection of new members and the ways in which fraternities and sororities educate and prepare these new members for a lifetime of involvement in a fraternity and sorority is the lifeblood of Greek organizations. Chapters should diligently examine when and how intake or recruitment is conducted as well as the practices by which interested members are prepared for membership.
As new member educator, you are called upon to support new members in the navigation of personal and academic life. Compiled below are resources for chapters and individuals related to hazing prevention, health and wellness, and scholarship and academics.
Membership Information Form
In order for a new member to appear on your chapter’s roster, they must complete an online Membership Information Form. All new members must complete this form within 72 hours of officially beginning an intake or new member process.
Officer Workshop Series
New Member Education Officers are required to attend Officer Workshop Series (OWS).
- OWS Kickoff: August 28th 1-2:30 pm LSC 312
- OWS National Hazing Prevention Week Program: September 27th 7 pm Johnson Hall 222
Council New Member Orientation
Each chapter is required to meet council expectations for participation in their council-sponsored new member orientation program.
- Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) New Member Mingle: September 1st, 2022 6:30 – 7:30 pm Canvas Stadium 1204
- Panhellenic Association (PHA) New Member Orientation: October 27th, 2022 6:00 pm Johnson Hall 222
- Interfraternity Council (IFC) New Member Program: November 2nd, 2022 6:00 – 8:00 pm Johnson Hall 222
- Professional Fraternity Council (PFC) New Member Mingle: November 7th, 2022 4:00 – 6:00 pm Clark A 103