What is NPHC?
The National Pan-Hellenic Council, also called NPHC, is a collaborative organization of nine traditionally and historically Black/African American fraternities and sororities. NPHC organizations work to unanimity of though and action as far as possible in the conduct of collegiate fraternities and sororities. The primary purpose of NPHC is camaraderie, academic excellence, and service to the community.
While the NPHC includes nine organizations, often referred to as “The Divine Nine,” CSU is currently host to four NPHC organizations. All nine NPHC organizations are listed with those currently active on our campus bolded. Interest in organizations not currently represented should be shared with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life. Several organizations would like to be active at CSU and appreciate knowing of interest.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.