Theta Chi is the fraternity of balanced men who exemplify scholarship, service, leadership, and above all else, brotherhood.
Founded on the principle of friendship through the mutual assistance of every member, Theta Chi aims to provide its members with an enjoyable and fulfilling collegiate experience that also prepares them for rewarding, successful lives after graduation.
Theta Chi focuses our time on developing resolute men, giving students tools to be successful in classes and in the working world. Academic achievement, involvement on campus, and forming a close brotherhood are all aspects of preparing members to reach graduation, and successfully find careers afterwards.
At CSU we provide our members with opportunities to volunteer around Fort Collins, to fundraise for our national philanthropy (USO), and foster an environment in which connections with other members of Greek life can be formed. All of these experiences, paired with our fraternity’s focus on academic success, foster personal growth.
Figures represent chapter data at the end of the previous semester
For chapter comparative data please refer to our Chapter Reports page
Date of Incident:02/21/2020
Reported to the Institution:03/02/2020
A non-affiliated individual became overly intoxicated while inside a fraternity-sponsored party. Ultimately, they were transported to the hospital due to overconsumption of alcohol. The event was not registered with the Interfraternity Council.
- Abusive Behavior: Physical abuse including (but not limited to) inflicting or threatening bodily harm upon any person or animal, or acting in a manner that creates a risk of bodily harm to any person, including oneself, or an animal.
- Disruptive Behavior: Engaging in behavior that disrupts or interferes with teaching, classroom, or other educational interactions, residential communities, research, administration, governmental functions, or disciplinary proceedings.
- Misuse of Alcohol: Use or possession of alcohol as prohibited by law or University policy.
- Misuse of Alcohol: Manufacturing or distribution of alcohol as prohibited by law or University
- Misuse of Alcohol: Excessive use of alcohol resulting in a state of intoxication that endangers oneself or others.
- General Disciplinary Probation through 12/11/2020
- Formal event plan developed in conjunction with OFSL staff
- Review of risk management and event policies, including a compare and contrast between the Joint Policy on Risk Management and Theta Chi risk management policies
- Includes a presentation to chapter membership on these topics with 80% of the chapter in attendance
- Social event restriction until risk management and event plan are completed