To bind men together in a brotherhood based upon eternal and immutable principles, with a bond as strong as right itself and as lasting as humanity; to know no North, no South, no East, no West, but to know man as man, to teach that true men the world over should stand together and contend for supremacy of good over evil; to teach, not politics, but morals; to foster, not partisanship, but the recognition of true merit wherever found; to have no narrower limits within which to work together for the elevation of man than the outlines of the world: these were the thoughts and hopes uppermost in the minds of the founders of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity.
Figures represent chapter data at the end of the previous semester
For chapter comparative data please refer to our Chapter Reports page
Alpha Tau Omega Excellence in Scholarship (2021)
Fraternity & Sorority Life Community Awards – Excellence in Risk Management & Harm Reduction (2016)
Validation Type:Joint Policy on Risk Management/Joint Judicial Board
Date of Incident:10/14/2017
The chapter hosted a tailgate event at which alcohol was present. Underage drinking occurred, there was no designated entrance, and hard alcohol was being consumed.
- Joint Policy on Risk Management, Alcohol & Drug Policy, Underage Consumption
- Joint Policy on Risk Management, Alcohol & Drug Policy, Open Parties
- Joint Policy on Risk Management, BYOB Tailgate Procedures, Event Registration
- Joint Policy on Risk Management, BYOB Tailgate Procedures, Type and Amount of Alcohol
- Joint Policy on Risk Management, BYOB Tailgate Procedures, Entrance and Common Space
- Joint Policy on Risk Management, BYOB Tailgate Procedures, ID Check and Wristbands
- The chapter will complete the tailgate event planning workbook prior to hosting another tailgate.
- The chapter must review their tailgating plan with the IFC Vice President of Risk Management and staff prior to any tailgate events being confirmed.
- Following the next tailgate, the chapter will meet with leaders and staff to debrief the event and make plans for future tailgates.