About the CSU Fraternity and Sorority Alumni Merit Scholarship:
The purpose of the Fraternity and Sorority Alumni Merit Scholarship is to recognize fraternity and sorority members who have made a positive impact on the fraternity and sorority community at Colorado State University. The minimum $1000 scholarship is awarded based on academic achievement, leadership, and impact in the CSU fraternity and sorority community.
• Applications are available on December 1, 2016 through the general CSU scholarship application
• The CSU general scholarship application is due March 1, 2017
• All applicants meeting initial scholarship criteria through the general scholarship application are eligible to submit a supplemental application. This supplemental applications is due by Friday, April 7, 2017 to the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life
• Selected scholarship winners will be notified by Friday, April 28, 2017
Applicant Eligibility Information:
Active members from fraternities and sororities are eligible to receive the Fraternity and Sorority Alumni Merit Scholarship. Applicants must be an active member in good standing with their chapter and must have at least a 3.00 cumulative grade point average at the time of application. Applicants must have demonstrated leadership in their chapter and/or the CSU community. In addition, applicants must fully complete the application, including the submission of a résumé and two letters of recommendation, at least one letter must be from a CSU faculty or staff member.
Steps to Completing the CSU Fraternity & Sorority Alumni Merit Scholarship Application
1. Complete the CSU general scholarship application. Applicants meeting initial scholarship criteria through this application are eligible to complete this supplemental application.
2. Type responses to all questions listed on the following page.
3. Combine the following documents in this order to complete your application:
a. Typed responses to the questions
b. Current résumé
c. Two letters of recommendation (at least one letter must be from a CSU faculty or staff member)
4. Turn in the above documents to the Office for Fraternity & Sorority Life by Friday, April 7, 2017 at 5pm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact: Lindsay Sell, Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life, Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org